Business Systems Engineer
Business Systems Engineers work on custom APEX and Visualforce solutions for GitLab's Salesforce.com instance along with all packages, tools and integrations associated with it.
They work with Field Operation's internal customers such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance to translate improvement project technical specifications into a project approach and then execute on those projects.
They work with a combined team of Business Systems Administrators, Data Analysts, and Sales Operations Specialists to keep our Go-To-Market processes automated and efficent.
- 2+ Years experience in a Salesforce.com Developer, Business Systems Engineer, or Backend Engineer role.
- Received or pursuing the Salesforce.com Platform Developer 1 certification.
- Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle, Source Control (Git), and Salesforce.com coding best practices.
- Understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how to effectively extract, transform and load data.
- An inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning and driving a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and across teams.
- Share GitLab's values, and works in accordance with those values.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization.
- Ability to use GitLab
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Zuora and Zoura CPQ.
- Salesforce.com Platform Developer 2, Architect or other advanced certifications.
- Experience working at a subscription based product company.
- Experience working in an Agile team work environment.
- Work alongside Business System Administrators to turn business requirements into technical specfications and project approach.
- Develop APEX and Visualforce solutions that follow Salesforce.com best practices and templating.
- Communicate and collaborate with other technical resources across GitLab.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Particpate in team code reviews, user acceptence testing and maintain excellent documentation of all work.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Respond quickly to bugs and the direction of Sales Systems and Field Operations managers.
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Business Systems Engineer participates in the Sales KPIs.
Read more about levels at GitLab here.
Business Systems Engineer
See the requirements and responsibilities outlined above.
The Business Systems Engineer is a grade 6.
Senior Business Systems Engineer
The Senior Business Systems Engineer role extends the Business Systems Engineer role.
The Senior Business Systems Engineer is a grade 7.
- 2+ Years experience in a Business Systems Engineer role.
- 5+ Years experience in Salesforce.com Developer, Business Systems Engineer, or Backend Engineer role.
- Received or pursuing the Salesforce.com Platform 2 certification.
- Proven track record of driving projects to timely completion with end user accepted deliverables.
- Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
- Initial phone/video screen from a GitLab Talent Acquisition professional
- Phone/video interview with hiring manager and typically two additional GitLab team member
- Final interview with 1+ GitLab executives
- Reference checks
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.