- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Channel Sales Manager
The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for sales enablement of their assigned channel, and managing their channel to achieve stated sales targets.
- Act as a liaison between the GitLab and assigned channel partners.
- Build, maintain, and manage relationships with current and prospective channel partners.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of GitLab personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Manage direct/channel conflict by fostering excellent communication between the channel and direct teams
- Participate in a planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Previous experience of driving channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space
- Experience selling Open Source Solutions
- 5+ years of experience with B2B sales
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners and GitLab teams.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Global Alliances and APAC Sales
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Chief Revenue Officer
- Finally, candidates may interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.