- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Channel Services
Senior Channel Services Manager
The Channel Services Manager will serve as a primary point of contact for Gitlab’s top services partners and will ensure that services partners are trained and certified to provide professional, consulting, managed & advisory services for Gitlab customers. This individual will help Gitlab manage the evolution of its professional services offerings via partners to drive usage, adoption of the complete GItlab platform and expansion into the customer.
The Senior Channel Services Manager is a grade 7.
- Provide a channel of communication between the partner and Gitlab to ensure smooth and effective customer implementation processes, seamless Managed Services and value-driven strategic advisory services.
- Identify, define and assist in building services offerings and/or practices at the partner that support all levels of the Gitlab Customer Service cycle.
- Content and Tools Creation - Support the Gitlab Enablement, Professional Services & Customer Success teams in building and improving tools and processes that promote mutual success.
- Working with the Channel Sales Managers, drive and facilitate partner certifications through eLearning, instructor-led training, boot camps and ongoing certification maintenance.
- Find and recommend new Services Partners in collaboration with corporate and regional Channel Sales Managers
Ensure our partners have the skills, training, and expertise to implement, operate and support Gitlab solutions.
- Must demonstrate the capability to excel within a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience building channel services & practices in SaaS/subscription models.
- Strong presentation and written communications skills. Previous experience enabling partners to deliver services that grow revenue, expand customer footprint and drive renewals.
- Excellent strategic planning, project management, communication and presentation skills.
- 7-10 years of working experience in partner management, training, product marketing, professional services, or product management in the high-tech industry
- BS/BA required or equivalent experience; MBA a plus
- Experience in the DevOps space a plus
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Phone screen with a GitLab Recruiting team member
- Video Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with 1-4 teammates
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.