Director, Channel Programs & Enablement
The Director of Partner Programs & Enablement helps manage and support the growth of the channel business. They are responsible for the day to day channel program development/operation as well as the execution of our partner program. The Director, Channel Programs and Enablement reports into the VP, Channel Sales and works cross-functionally with marketing, sales, product, channel ops, and legal to integrate channel programs throughout the business.
The Director, Channel Programs & Enablement is a grade 10.
- Responsible for the design, build and management of partner programs to support Gitlab Channel working in collaboration with the Channel Sales team
- Develop Partner Program collateral/documents and onboarding tools to enhance overall partner experience and communicate to partners
- Develop Partner Portal; leveraging SFDC & PRM - working with marketing & Channel Ops
- Provide management of Partner Portal to create an engaging platform for partners to interact with Gitlab (lead registration, opportunity tracking, commissions, etc)
- Work with channel operations/IT to implement channel strategy, data/reporting, system workflows, and overall operational governance for the program
- Design Channel Enablement Certification & Badge Model. Work closely with Channel Marketing, Channel Services, Customer Success & Sales enablement on partner enablement tools/training and implement as part of overall program
- Manage and provide administration of partner agreements/partner contracting working in coordination with legal
- Communicate channel programs, strategies & events and updates internally to drive alignment throughout the business
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, product, legal and finance to continue to implement and grow partner programs and ensure alignment across the business
- Work with partners to solicit feedback on existing programs/processes and implement changes (Partner Advisory Councils, via channel teams, etc)
- Build a team to effectively manage channel programs, enablement, portal, comms & MDF/incentive management.
- Prior experience in running Partner Programs, Channel Enablement, Channel Marketing and/or Channel Development in the services/IT space
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Problem solver and self-motivated
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas internally
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking abilities
- Innovation and the ability to gain consensus is necessary
- Works extremely well as a member of a team, but also excels as an individual contributor
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Senior Channel Program Manager
The Channel Program Manager will be responsible for the design, management & execution of Gitlab’s Channels & Alliances Partner Programs. In addition to the partner programs, the Channel Programs Managers will manage deal registration, recruitment and partner success programs and manage the partner advisory council.
The Senior Channel Program Manager is a grade 7.
- Collaborate across Channels & Alliances teams to gather requirements for Programs
- Design, build and manage Partner Programs including the Program Guide, MDF Program, Reseller, Services, Alliances, Deal Registration Program, etc.
- Design program guides that details requirements and benefits, terms and conditions, etc.
- Design, build & launch partner portal.
- Manage all communications to the channel via portal, newsletters, social channels.
- Design and launch field / channel rules of engagement.
- Design & launch field enablement on Partner Program, Rules of Engagement, Deal Reg, How to Partner, etc.
- Collect and manage feedback from channel partners into the ongoing roadmap for the Channel Program.
- Work cross functionally with sales operations, marketing, finance, enablement and technical teams to secure, operationalize and manage all the committed benefits to the partners.
- Document policies and processes to support all aspects of the program and enables global execution.
- Establish and track metrics of the program, run a quarterly compliance process with the Channel & Alliances field.
- Working with your peers, marketing & Sales operations
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in channel programs.
- Experience building and managing a partner program in DevOps space
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Execution & revenue focused
- Great project & program management skills, ability to leverage, manage & lead virtual teams
- Successfully designed, built and managed partner portals.
Senior Director, Channel Programs & Enablement
The Senior Director, Channel Programs & Enablement reports to the VP of Global Channels.
The Senior Director, Channel Programs & Enablement is a grade 11.
The Channel Programs and Enablement Job Family next steps would be to move to the VP of Global Channels Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Phone screen with a GitLab Recruiting team member
- Video Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Team Interviews with 1-4 teammates
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.