The Director of Customer Programs is responsible for defining, leading, and tracking strategic and operational programs and initiatives to improve GitLab’s ability to effectively and efficiently deliver to customer and GitLab objectives. Director of Customer Programs works highly cross-functional orchestrating results with Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product and Engineering, Support, People Operations, and Finance.
The Director of Customer Programs reports to the Vice President of Customer Success.
The Director, Customer Programs is a grade 10
- Define, lead and track strategic and operational programs to successful completion
- Develop and deliver GTM initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of sales and adoption capabilities for * GitLab prospects and customer, including:
- Customer journey development
- Lifecycle management processes and playbooks
- Go-to-market (GTM) and/or adoption campaigns, including collaboration with Marketing, Product / Growth, Data Teams, and Sales Operations
- Digital journey development, content creation and curation, and metrics
- Processes and playbooks for Solution Architect and Technical Account Manager
- Internal or customer-related programs and initiatives
- Own partnership with Product, bringing “voice of customer” to Product teams, including interlock, reporting, metrics, and facilitating customer engagement (e.g., surveys, interviews, etc.)
- Leverage data and analytics to develop, lead, and measure results for GTM sales and adoption-related initiatives, programs, and campaigns
- 5 years experience with operations or related experience with a technical SaaS or subscription software service
- 3 years of customer success experience leading field teams (Customer Success Managers, Account Management, Professional Services, Solution Architects) and/or operations
- Experience with software development tools, practices, and methodologies is a plus
- Experienced leading cross-functional initiatives in mid-sized or large organizations (i.e., 1000+ employees)
- Experience with defining and leading digital engagement strategies (i.e., digital journey creation, content marketing, etc.)
- Management experience with a team of at least 5 team members
- Experience with digital engagement approaches and methods preferred (i.e., Digital Customer Success / “tech touch,” Digital Marketing)
- Strong verbal and written skills with a strong ability to articulate and communicate strategies and plans
- Demonstrated success with cross-functional coordination, including planning, execution tracking, decision making, and OKR management
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to learn GitLab as part of the role
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Bookings and revenue growth as measured by IACV or ARR, including gross renewal, expansion, and net retention
- Key customer success measures (e.g., time-to-value, product adoption / health score, expansion win rates, etc.). A number of these measures need to evolve to be developed.
The next step for the Director of Customer Programs is a Senior Director level that is yet to be defined.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Interviews will be then setup with:
- Hiring manager, Vice President of Customer Success
- Head of Global Technical Account Management
- Director or Vice President of Sales Operations
- Stakeholder team member (i.e., Product, Marketing, Customer Success, etc.)
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.