- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Director of Field Enablement
The Director of Field Enablement is a seasoned global Sales, Partner, and Customer Success Enablement leader with the ability to thrive in a growing software DevOps organization. Reporting to the VP of Field Operations, they are responsible for building and managing a virtual, world-class global sales training and enablement program.
- Develop and lead the successful execution of the sales enablement plan and programs to ensure field team members and partners are equipped with content, resources, tools and training to effectively differentiate and sell the GitLab solution.
- Oversee the development of education and training content in collaboration with marketing and other SMEs to identify and develop core curriculum, customized regionally as needed, for field audiences across all routes to market.
- Lead and facilitate sales training activities, including new hire training and onboarding, ongoing sales meetings, and regional/sales team training (includes all levels of the sales team, customer success, and channel partners).
- Ensure alignment of field enablement activities with key internal and external events, such as new product releases, campaigns, and essential industry trade shows.
- Manage and drive online, self-paced on-boarding and result-driven continuous learning.
- Leverage Salesforce.com CRM infrastructure and other tools for delivering formal and informal/social learning.
- Develop sales competency assessment programs, as well as partner accreditation programs.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments and the programs conducted. Determine opportunities for improving the sales learning experience, and identify innovative techniques for delivery.
- 10+ years software sales experience with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source, preferably in sales enablement or management.
- Working knowledge of sales training technology and methodologies; demonstrable experience with sales, partner, and customer success enablement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relevant experience preparing, developing, and executing global sales teams’ effectiveness strategies, tactics and action plans for a technology platform.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise (sales team, customer success team, and channel partners).
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, skilled at project management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Director of Sales and Customer Enablement participates in the Sales KPIs.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.