The Director of Public Sector Sales is responsible for building, managing and leading the Public Sector sales teams by overseeing sales, operations and strategies for new and existing customers of GitLab.
The right candidate will play a critical role in the creation and execution of a Public Sector Sales Program (Team, Strategy, Systems & Process) to maximize the adoption of GitLab within the Public Sector market.
The Director, Public Sector Sales is a grade 10.
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the public sector sales team; develops, coaches and trains sales staff
- Analyzes regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Supports quotation and proposal efforts to partners, prospects and customers
- Ensures that the public sector sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- Demonstrated progressive sales management, selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- Demonstrated progressive experience selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives into Fed
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high quality service to customers
- Must have a proven ability to manage both direct and indirect employees in a matrix organization
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated partnering and closing skills
- Must have expertise around GSA, Federal procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SFDC knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of open source enterprise software and/or version control is highly desirable
- Experience with partner recruitment, enablement and on going support
- Exceptional knowledge of Federal infrastructure and agencies
- Have history of working with and driving revenue within NSF, DOE Labs, DoD and Intel
- A security clearance is a plus
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy. Federal, LLC team members need to also comply with the applicable vaccination policies.
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Director of Public Sector Sales participates in the Sales KPIs.
The Director, Public Sector Sales would move into the VP, Enterprise Sales Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our CRO
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.