- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Director Public Sector Sales
The Director of Public Sector Sales is responsible for building, managing and leading the Public Sector sales teams by overseeing sales, operations and strategies for new and existing customers of GitLab.
The right candidate will play a critical role in the creation and execution of a Public Sector Sales Program (Team, Strategy, Systems & Process) to maximize the adoption of GitLab within the Public Sector market.
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of the public sector sales team; develops, coaches and trains sales staff
- Analyzes regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Supports quotation and proposal efforts to partners, prospects and customers
- Ensures that the public sector sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- At least five 5 years of sales management, selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- At least 10 years of experience selling software or hardware through a two tiered channel eco system including distribution, corporate resellers, and value added resellers (VARS) into Federal government
- Must be a high performing sales manager with a proven track record of consistently exceeding established measurements for goals and objectives into Fed
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high quality service to customers
- Must have a proven ability to manage both direct and indirect employees in a matrix organization
- Preferred candidates will have experience in business-to-business selling and managing using a consultative sales approach, and will have strong demonstrated partnering and closing skills
- Must have expertise around GSA, Federal procurement and the various buying vehicles to enable growth in software sales via our distribution partners
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated knowledge of different sales methodologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SFDC knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of open source enterprise software and/or version control is highly desirable
- Experience with partner recruitment, enablement and on going support
- Exceptional knowledge of Federal infrastructure and agencies
- Have history of working with and driving revenue within NSF, DOE Labs, DoD and Intel
- A security clearance is a plus
- Leadership at GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Director of Public Sector Sales participates in the Sales KPIs.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our CRO
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.