Public Sector Inside Sales Manager
- Federal Inside Sales Manager will report to a Federal Sales Director.
- Lead team (SDR) to ensure healthy weekly activity: calls, leads, demos, and opportunity progression (MEDPIC)
- Review weekly forecast and business outcomes with reps and sales leaders. This includes win/loss analysis so we can iterate approach based on our success and failures.
- Manage sales order processing including monitoring the system to ensure accurate receipt booking of sales orders, tracking sales shipment, delivery.
- Responsible for all renewals of all contracts and upgrades
- Work with Federal Channel Manager on teaming on call campaigns, Quotes on RFQ through distribution, Interacting with individual sales reps on specific/important accounts to ensure progress and appropriate messaging.
- Manage Reseller relationships: Quoting, Lead generation, Renewals, Product and price list updates,
- Getting GitLab EE on necessary federal contracts (e.g. NETCENTS)
- Own documentation for Fips 140.2 documentation, FedRamp Documentation and VPAT updated with UX team
- Work with Federal contract officers to ensure RFQ’s are responded and closed in a timely manner. This would include deciding which partners could bring value if we assign them to run with an account.
- Work with sales team and partners to leverage success with small implementations at SIs (LMCO, GD, Raytheon, etc) into enterprise level discussions to use GitLab EE for all .gov projects
- Training/mentoring of team members to ensure open feedback, career development and job satisfaction
- Improve and maintain Salesforce structure for accurate sub accounts (groups/programs), opportunities and contacts.
- Collaborates regionally and globally in developing/enhancing standardized processes, reports, and sales programs that facilitate efficient sales operations, effective sales execution, and improved management insight. This includes ensuring the GitLab sales handbook is followed and/or modified when necessary.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- 5+ years of experience with B2B software sales
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Public Sector Senior Inside Sales Manager
- One year of successful team management at GitLab related closed sales results with GitLab Public Sector clients.
- One year of successful team management at GitLab with regards to managing and reporting call, deal and other metrics (e.g. managing tasks in SalesForce).
- Ability and willingness to lead disussions and GitLab Issues with cross functional teams to convey the needs of the Public Sector sales team.
- Contribute to developing sales plans, territory assignment and hiring plans for the Public Sector management team.
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Federal Inside Sales Manager participates in the Sales KPIs.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- What would differentiate you and make you a great account executive for GitLab?
- What is your knowledge of the space that GitLab is in? (i.e. Industry Trends)
- How do you see the developer tools changing over the coming years from a sales perspective? (i.e. Competitive Positioning, Customer Needs, etc)
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with Federal Sales Director
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
You will typically get 50% as base and 50% based on commission. See our
market segmentation for
typical quotas in the U.S.
Also see the Sales Compensation Plan.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.