- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Japan Country Manager
At GitLab, we are fundamentally changing the way our customers get their software to market by putting the entire DevOps lifecycle into a single application. With over 100,000 organizations using the product, GitLab is one of the fastest growing companies in technology. We make our customers successful in achieving their business outcomes with the GitLab product as they move to truly modern DevOps. We know that our customers trust GitLab to take their ideas all the way from plan to shipped product in production. We take that responsibility seriously. We have an incredible existing and rapidly growing customer base with a passionate, supportive open-source community and incredibly talented teams located in 40 countries focused on supporting them.
We're looking for an experienced leader to lead GitLab’s Enterprise go to market efforts in Japan. As Japan Country Manager, you will be responsible for bringing your strategic vision and innovative approach to build a high-performing sales team into a destination for top sales talent. Reporting to the Vice President of Enterprise Sales, you will play a key role in hiring and leading the Japan Enterprise Sales team, driving leads, new and expansion revenue, service delivery, customer goals, and market expansion to deliver massive value to our customers and to GitLab.
If you have an action mindset and are excited by the idea of quickly scaling a rapidly growing region, this is a rare opportunity to join a bold, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven leadership team and company while engaging with some of the best partners in the world.
- Establish and execute GitLab’s enterprise sales strategy in Japan to build and grow GitLab’s presence and to achieve business targets. Gather market data and identify untapped market potential.
- Recruit, onboard, and develop a results-focused enterprise sales team; foster a successful and positive team environment.
- Work closely with regional channel marketing managers, XDR leadership, and product managers to align on and execute GitLab’s Japan sales strategy.
- Educate team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing.
- Prepare forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans.
- Establish and report on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary.
- Ensures that the regional sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leaders, marketing and product teams to develop go-to-market strategies and execution. Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and quarterly business reviews.
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- 10+ years of progressive sales leadership and operations experience within the software / open source / devops industry. Strong experience with Salesforce.com, and building trackable, repeatable sales processes.
- Experience building and managing sales teams in Japan; proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent.
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; willing to “roll up the sleeves” and sell.
- Experience working closely with Japanese reseller partners.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding performance objectives (hiring targets, pipeline targets, revenue targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com and marketing automation systems.
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and with a challenging workload.
- Reside in Japan and with the ability to travel throughout the country as needed.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Japan Country Manager participates in the Sales KPIs.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.”
The line after the hiring process should include: “Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the VP, Enterprise Sales
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with a Regional Sales Director in a different region
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a third interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates may have an interview with our CEO
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.