The Partner Help Desk Specialist is responsible for supporting the GitLab partner development, sales enablement, pipeline development and sales transactions to achieve stated channel sales targets. The Partner Help Desk Specialist will support Channel Sales Managers in addressing partner questions and system issues, and will proactively drive partner onboarding to speed each partner's time to their first deal.
The Partner Help Desk Specialist (Intermediate) reports to the Manager, Partner Help Desk.
The Partner Help Desk Specialist (Intermediate) is a Grade 6.
- Support Channel Sales Manager in the Partner onboarding process; contracts, portal training, enablement, etc.
- Support your assigned channel to understand, navigate and meet milestones in the Gitlab Partner Program; including accreditations, badging, certifications.
- Support partner in all stages of the customer lifecycle; demand database management, deal registration, quote creation, order processing, add-ons & renewals etc.
- Execute sales and marketing enablement to channel & distribution partners.
- Support the execution of GTM, Sales, Marketing, Channel Services.
- Document processes and best practices to enable Help Desk team members, Partners, Channel Sales, Operations and Sales.
- Previous experience of supporting sales or channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space via channel partnerships.
- Experience selling or supporting Open Source Solutions.
- Demonstrated progressive experience with B2B sales.
- Interest in GitLab and open source software.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder with partners and GitLab teams.
- Excellent sales support skills, proficiency with Salesforce a plus.
- Broad personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab.
- Desire to learn the use of the GitLab platform.
- Ability to use GitLab.
Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist
The Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist reports to Manager, Partner Help Desk.
Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist Job Grade
The Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist is a Grade 7.
Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist Responsibiliites
- Extends that of the Partner Help Desk Specialist (Intermediate) responsibilities
Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist Requirements
- Extends the responsibilities of the Partner Help Desk Specialist (Intermediate) requirements
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Partner Relationship Management (PRM) systems.
- Advanced experience with partner enablement and/or partner operations.
- 3+ years of experience with B2B sales.
Manager, Partner Help Desk
The Manager,Partner Help Desk reports to Senior Director, Channel Programs and Enablement.
Manager, Partner Help Desk Job Grade
The Manager, Partner Help Desk is a Grade 8
Manager, Partner Help Desk Responsibiliites
- Extends the responsibilities of the Partner Help Desk Specialist and Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist
- Manages Partner Help Desk team members and is responsible for recruiting, onboarding and ongoing development of team.
- Establishes team OKRs and plans, and supports team in enablement and problem solving. Ensures team results.
- Collaborates with Senior Director, Channel Programs and Enablement in rolling out partner program updates, system enhancements and enablement programs.
- Leads cross-functional initiatives with Operations and Marketing teams around system implementations, process improvements and program implementations.
Manager, Partner Help Desk Requirements
- Extends requirements of the Senior Partner Help Desk Specialist
- Team leadership and coaching experience
- Advanced problem solving skills and cross-functional collaboration.
- 5+ years of experience with B2B sales and/or sales or partner support.
- 80% of Partners trained / certified
- Increase in number of Partner Initiated Opportunities
- Time to first partner deal - less than 3 months
- Number of partner cases resolved each month - 90% or more
The next step in the Partner Helpdesk Specialist job family is is to move into the Channel Programs and Enablement, the Channel Sales Manager or the Sales Operations Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 min. screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 1-4 Team Members
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.