The Partner Help Desk Specialist is responsible for supporting the GitLab partner development, sales enablement, pipeline development and sales transactions to achieve stated channel sales targets. The Partner Help Desk Specialist will support Channel Sales Managers in addressing partner questions and system issues, and will proactively drive partner onboarding to speed each partner's time to their first deal.
The Partner Help Desk Specialist is a Grade 6
- Support Channel Sales Manager in the Partner onboarding process; contracts, portal training, enablement, etc.
- Support your assigned channel to understand, navigate and meet milestones in the Gitlab Partner Program; including accreditations, badging, certifications.
- Support partner in all stages of the customer lifecycle; demand database management, deal registration, quote creation, order processing, add-ons & renewals etc.
- Execute sales and marketing enablement to channel & distribution partners.
- Support the execution of GTM, Sales, Marketing, Channel Services.
- Previous experience of supporting sales or channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space via channel partnerships.
- Experience selling or supporting Open Source Solutions.
- 2+ years of experience with B2B sales.
- Interest in GitLab and open source software.
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and relationship builder with partners and GitLab teams.
- Excellent sales support skills, proficiency with Salesforce a plus.
- Broad personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab.
- Desire to learn the use of the GitLab platform.
- Ability to use GitLab.
- 80% of Partners trained / certified
- Increase in number of Partner Initiated Opportunities
- Time to first partner deal - less than 3 months
- Number of partner cases resolved each month - 90% or more
The next step in the Partner Helpdesk job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 min. screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 1-4 teammates
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.