Senior Manager, Professional Education Services
The Senior Manager, Professional Education Services reports to the Senior Director, Professional Services.
Senior Manager, Professional Education Services Job Grade
The Senior Manager, Professional Education Service is a grade 9.
Senior Manager, Professional Education Services Responsibilities
- Set strategic direction for Professional Education Services
- Develop and execute inbound and outbound marketing strategy to align with business goals
- Manage execution and delivery of education services
- Learning platform administration and reporting
- Clarify service offering details with the GitLab Field Sales team and Engagement Managers
- Work with GitLab Customer Success and Sales team members to position, scope, and sell services
- Define requirements for authoring tools and learning administration platform(s)
- Plan and execute GitLab Services Partner onboarding and enablement
- Plan and operationalize internal Professional Services enablement working with team department leaders
- Team and talent development (hiring, performance management, growth and career development)
- Scale Education Services delivery through GitLab Partners
- Plan and execute of the GitLab Certified Training Partner program
- Oversee resource capacity, project delivery quality and operational success metrics including bookings, revenue, utilization, on-time completion, time to value (10% of sold users are active), CSAT, stage adoption, user adoption (growth), and renewals.
- Meet Education Services bookings and revenue goals
- Manage collaboration with stakeholders to perform needs analysis, develop learning objectives and design deliverables that meet the business needs and education services quality standards.
- Create and organize training sessions, and deliver instructor led training programs as needed to achieve business outcomes and effective transfer of learning in the workplace.
- Forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that both tactical and strategic goals and outcomes are met.
- Complete hiring and performance management processes to support a high performing training team.
- Provide confidential coaching/facilitation and work closely with all levels of operations staff to ensure the integrity of the program and provide highly skilled feedback on staff performance in scheduled training and informal skills-based coaching.
- Ensure Training Specialists and Operations staff are provided with up-to-date knowledge of project related updates, processes, and procedures.
- Develop a means of measuring the effectiveness of training programs developed or administered through evaluation, testing, and assessment of program outcomes.
- Apply adult learning theory and instructional design, eLearning, certifications, and creation of knowledge transfer curriculum and taxonomy
- Collaborate with SMEs to design effective learning experiences, managing and supporting them through the course and certification development processes
- Align content distribution paths with GitLab Partner ecosystems and experience to increase efficiency and scale
- Build a partner-centric approach for creating and updating content that answers the “what’s in it for the partner” question and resolves what’s missing from a partner perspective when delivering customer education
- Manage training delivery and content development of partner and customer education programs
- Design and implement new training and certification programs to our Partner community, including virtual and onsite instructor-led training, webinars, and e-learning
- Design and manage a feedback program to evaluate training content, establish KPIs, and maintain a continuous improvement cycle
- Work with our internal operations team to manage the Education Services technical environments and LMS platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams in Professional Services, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales
- Manage relationships with Partner Certified Trainers and community of practice
Collaborate with Senior leadership to ensure financial and operational goals are met
Senior Manager, Professional Education Services Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, education or related field.
- Demonstrated progressive building and managing for-profit education businesses, including product management, learning content delivery, training delivery, and certification programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the development and delivery of training and certification programs
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant training technologies, such as Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to focus and clarify concepts
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making abilities with effective organizational and time management skills; the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- Must exhibit initiative, decisiveness and creativity, along with self-motivation and the ability to assume responsibility and maintain strict confidentiality
- Proven ability to conduct training needs assessments with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop training curriculum and deliver effective and satisfying learning experiences.
- Experience with performance management, coaching, and mentoring team members.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
The next steps for the Professional Services Education Family would be to move to the Director, Professional Services Job family.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 team members
- There may be a final executive interview
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.