To learn more, see the Professional Services Engineer handbook
Senior Professional Services Project Coordinator
The Senior Professional Services Project Coordinator is a grade 7.
- Collaborate with Professional Services leaders to provide reports focused on financial and resource management data to aid with revenue and budgetary goals.
- Provide analysis that supports the business objectives of the Services organization, in alignment with corporate vision
- Run weekly time reports to estimate revenue; identify any resource or revenue corrective actions that are required to meet/beat monthly target
- Run monthly/quarterly billing; work with accounting to record revenue.
- Develop analytical reports for all sources of services revenue, consistent with company standards, and management direction.
- Assist Services leadership team with resource management and proactive forecasting processes.
- Coordinate with Project Management Team and other groups within Sales / Operations to obtain relevant data about the project opportunity and staffing requirements
- Subject matter expert for services personnel on all processes related to services revenue: time entry, project management processes relate to operations, customer billing, and staff utilization.
- Skills Matrix: Management of PS / Vertical Resource Skill Matrix, ensuring all PS resources have an updated Skills Matrix.
- Continually provide suggestions and implement improvements to business and reporting processes that keep up with the changes in the organization.
- Support Professional Services staff to better understand revenue, hours, and target attainment goals
- Act as liaison between the Project Management Office, Finance department, and Services staff.
- Ensure timely and complete new PS employee onboarding with content tailored to the new hires’ positions
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Business Management
- 4-6 years industry experience in a Professional Services Operations or similar role for a high-tech product company
- 2+ years of PSA tools experience required (i.e. NetSuite Openair, FinancialForce)
- Previous experience in a data-driven, analytics-centric role
- Working understanding of Professional Services cost structures strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including experience with pivot tables, analyzing and formatting data, use of filters, and creating charts and graphs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have incredible attention to detail, be self-starting, and possess strong organizational skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates for the Professional Services Project Manager will receive a short questionnaire.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a member of our Recruiting team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Customer Success.
- For the Professional Services Project Manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a Customer Success peer and may be asked to participate in a demo of a live install of GitLab.
- For the Federal Professional Services Project Manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule interviews with members of the Customer Success team and our Federal Regional Sales Director.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with our VP of customer success.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.