To learn more, see the Professional Services Engineer handbook
Manage high-complexity projects to successful completion from initiation through delivery to closure. The Gitlab Consulting team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Professional Services team to work with our global customers. In this role, you will coordinate with cross-functional teams to complete distinct projects both on time and within budget. You'll need to have substantial experience managing IT and software consulting projects and relying on traditional systems and software development methodologies, as well as practical experience with agile project management methodologies.
The Senior Professional Services Project Manager is a grade 7.
- Develop and manage schedules to deliver technical and consulting services to GitLab customers
- Manage customer expectations, project scope, and resources needed to successfully deliver to customers’ needs
- Develop and communicate project, portfolio, and program status, risks and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executives
- Manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and GitLab stakeholders (e.g., executive team, sales, technical account managers, etc.)
- Be accountable for reliable and repeatable program delivery processes, metrics and operational procedures
- Act as a liaison to subcontractors and/or delivery partners
- Develop a foundational knowledge of Gitlab’s technologies
- Maintain an awareness of emerging Gitlab's technologies
- Knowledge of specific industry project management and technical delivery methodologies for software (e.g., Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies, agile/scrum, and/or software SDLC)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager on IT-based projects
- 3+ years experience managing projects with external customers or clients, preferably enterprise customers. Professional Services experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate the advisor team and individual contributors and mediate conflicts
- Experience using various project management and/or agile tools
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, preferably experience in an agile and/or DevOps environment
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to be present on customer sites and to travel up to 20%
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates for the Professional Services Project Manager will receive a short questionnaire.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a member of our Recruiting team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Director of Customer Success.
- For the Professional Services Project Manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a Customer Success peer and may be asked to participate in a demo of a live install of GitLab.
- For the Federal Professional Services Project Manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule interviews with members of the Customer Success team and our Federal Regional Sales Director.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with our VP of customer success.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.