As the Regional Sales Director, you will lead a dynamic sales team and help GitLab surpass our growth goals. The right candidate is responsible for building and leading a world class sales team, implementing technology and processes, and partnering with the account management, customer success, marketing, product, engineering and operations teams to deliver the best possible customer experience. The right candidate is truly passionate about open source software and has a proven track record to talk about! This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence GitLab’s overall success and growth.
The Regional Sales Director is a grade 10.
- Drives, manages and executes the business and revenue of a sales team; develops
- Analyzes regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Educates team on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing
- Prepares forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans
- Establishes and reports on metrics to measure team performance; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Ensures that the regional sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal
- Recruits, hires and trains staff members; fosters a successful and positive team environment
- Process, data driven sales operations background. Strong experience with Salesforce.com, and building track-able, repeatable sales processes.
- Experience in a DevOps tools sales environment
- Willingness to “roll up the sleeves” and sell
- Experience selling to Fortune 500
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as salesforce, market, outreach etc.)
- Prior employment in technology consulting, open source software or software development is highly desired
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity, initiative, honesty and leadership
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Regional Sales Director participates in the Sales KPIs.
- Reside in the APAC region with the ability to travel throughout the region as needed.
The Reginal Sales Director would move into the VP, Enterprise Sales Job Family, or the VP, MM and SMB Sales Job Family.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 teammates
- Final Interview will be with a Sales Leader
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.