The Renewal Analyst Team is responsible for providing forecast clarity, scoring renewal growth and retention likelihood, and developing retention action plans. Key objectives include:
- Optimize and scale the renewal management and bookings forecast process for predictability
- Develop and refine renewal health to score Accounts with a high likelihood of growth
- Drive renewal best practices portfolio-wide, assisting the build out of training for field team
- Extract insights from renewal data and recommend tactics to improve results
- Collaborate with the Customer Success Team to identify and help build out vital collateral for retention
Renewals Operations Analyst
The Renewals Operations Analyst reports to the Senior Manager Customer Success Operations.
The Renewals Operations Analyst is a grade 6.
- Maintain and report an accurate rolling 12+ month forecast of renewals for the global Commercial Sales Team
- Build and maintain reports for key metrics such as renewal revenue, bookings, retention rate, and overall customer health
- Actively engage with key sales leaders and decision-makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time renewals and retention goals
- Work with cross-functional teams like Product, Strategy, and Finance to champion impactful process improvement and automation for the benefit of Renewals
- Develop playbooks for renewal engagement maximizing revenue retention
- Own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the sales team to ensure we hit company objectives
- Identify opportunities for process automation and optimization, with a focus on scalability and driving significant growth
- Improve the sales team’s effectiveness and efficiency and provide increased customer insights through data, automation, and product analytics
- Proactively drive a high degree of CRM data quality by leveraging creative system solutions and delivering end-user training
- 5+ years of Operations experience supporting Sales / Customer Success / Account Management teams, preferably within an Enterprise SaaS organization
- 3+ years of Sales or Customer Success experience
- Proven track-record of increasing renewal rates
- Experience implementing renewal processes and metrics
- Able to teach best practices, strategies, and tactics
- Strong analytical ability and able to prioritize multiple projects
- Salesforce experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS tools
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience creating a framework for a newly created team, as well as with expanding the team when applicable
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Experience with Customer Success Management systems (e.g., Gainsight/Totango/Client Success/etc., digital marketing tools) preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open-source software
- You share our values and work by those values
- Ability to use GitLab
- Experience with agile/DevOps and/or SDLC process and/or tools is a plus
The next step in the Renewals Operations job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, candidates will be invited to interview with 2-5 Team Members
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.