- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Commissions Manager
The Commissions Manager leads and manages GitLab's commissions programs globally. This requires collaboration with cross-functional departments and leveraging systems for all related business processes in a fast-paced distributed environment. This requires someone to be extremely well organized, analytical and detailed-oriented, with a solid knowledge of Sales Incentive Compensation best practices and related operational execution to help drive innovative solutions and optimize go-to-market effectiveness. In particular be an expert administrator with Xactly and have managed all aspects of end-to-end commissions processes. The Commissions Manager supports the vision of Gitlab’s CRO team and reports to our Sr. Manager, Sales Strategy.
- Own worldwide commissions calculations, reporting, policies and provide first-tier support for all end-user technical or commission inquiries. Includes sales, customer success, alliances, and market development.
- Partner with various functions such as Sales Operations, People Operations and Finance to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of sales commissions methodology, calculations and reporting
- Provides high quality, timely responses to the CRO management team and communicates complex logic and analysis in a manner that is consumable
- Ownership of commissions systems process and infrastructure, along with project manage implementation of any changes
- Participate as a key member of the Sales Incentive team and provide guidance on global design, delivery of deployed plans, governance, controls, metrics and best practices
- Research compensation issues, disputes, appeals and provide analysis to facilitate resolution.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly accruals, deferrals, reconciliations and provide fluctuation analysis for commissions accounting
- Train new hires with variable compensation on plans and system
- Maintain data integrity within Xactly, Salesforce.com and other related systems
- Assist external audit firm on commission related matters for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with SOX for compensation documents, processes, programs and policies
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, economics or other quantitative fields preferred
- 5+ years relevant experience and a solid understanding of sales incentive programs, processes and procedures
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g. Finance, People Operations and Sales) and support multiple business partners
- Excellent problem solving, project management, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Deep SFDC, Xactly expertise and knowledge of typical enterprise SaaS tools
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Sales Commissions Manager participates in the Sales KPIs.
- Screening call with recruiter
- Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Interview with 2-3 additional team members
- Final interview with Executive
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.