- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Sales Communications Manager
The Sales Communications Manager is a key role within GitLab’s Field Operations team and is responsible for creating effective, timely, and easily consumable communications with Sales and Customer Success audiences. The role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects, and effective collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and manage effective sales enablement communication strategies and tactics including but not limited to newsletters, videos, memos, presentations, and more
- Collaborate and partner with GitLab Field Operations leaders and Sales and Customer Enablement team members to build and execute holistic, cross-program communications plans in support of prioritized field enablement-related initiatives
- Champion efforts to improve sales enablement communications via GitLab’s handbook-first approach to learning and development
- Develop and implement a strategy for soliciting feedback from GitLab Sales and Customer Success team members to inform enablement priorities and requirements
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership as needed
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- BS/BA in communications or relevant field
- Proven experience as a communications specialist, preferably with high-tech B2B sales audiences
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail needing minimal supervision
- Proven experience developing and executing effective sales newsletters is a huge plus
- Experience with Mailchimp (or a similar marketing/communications platform) is preferred
- Working knowledge of Google docs; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent team player and ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps, and/or open source software is preferred
- Ability to use GitLab
- Sales communication/newsletter open and click-through rates
- Field survey response rates
- Feedback from key stakeholders
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Phone screen with a GitLab Talent Acquisition team member
- Zoom videoconference interviews with members of the GitLab Field Operations team
- Final Zoom videoconference interview(s) with the Director of Sales and Customer Enablement and the VP of Field Operations
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.