As an integral member of the GitLab Sales and Customer Enablement team, our Sales Training Facilitator is responsible for delivering world-class virtual (and sometimes in-person) global sales training and enablement programs.
- Successfully deliver sales training and enablement programs to ensure internal and external customers and partners are equipped with content, resources, and tools to effectively differentiate and sell the GitLab solution.
- Collaborate with marketing and other SMEs to identify, develop, and execute core sales training and enablement curriculum, customized regionally as needed, for various internal and external audiences.
- Ensure alignment of sales enablement activities with key internal and external events, such as new product releases, campaigns, and essential industry trade shows.
- Facilitate the successful execution and delivery of self-paced on-boarding and result-driven continuous learning.
- Leverage Salesforce.com CRM infrastructure and other tools for delivering formal and informal/social learning.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales trainings delivered.
- Determine opportunities for improving the sales learning experience and identify innovative techniques for delivery.
- Software sales or sales training experience, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source.
- Working knowledge of sales training technology and methodologies; demonstrable experience with sales enablement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to quickly understand technical concepts and explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise (sales team, customers, channel partners, and internal support partners).
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with sales professionals and sales management.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills, skilled at cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Share and work in accordance with GitLab's values.
- Ability to use GitLab
As with all roles in the Sales Department the Sales Training Facilitator, Sales and Customer Enablement participates in the Sales KPIs.
The Sales Training Facilitator is a grade 6.
- Successfully accomplishes responsibilities with minimal direction or oversight
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a software sales or sales training role
- Ability to continuously meet deadlines and execute on projects
Senior Sales Training Facilitator
The Senior Sales Training Facilitator is a grade 7.
- Works quickly and iteratively on projects with very limited direction from others
- Proven experience successfully training and enabling B2B enterprise sales professionals
- Viewed as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor by the sales organization and key stakeholders
- Innovates and continually improves the delivery of world-class sales enablement programs
- Regularly shares best practices and provides constructive coaching and feedback to other members of the team
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a software sales or sales training role, preferably with expertise in DevOps and/or Open Source
- Self-manages workload to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly
The next steps for the Sales Training Facilitator, Sales and Customer Enablement Job Family is to move to the Technical Instructional Designer Job Family or the Program Manager, Field Enablement Job Family.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 Reasons to Work for GitLab:
- Mission: Everyone can contribute
- Results: Fast growth, ambitious vision
- Flexible Work Hours: Plan your day so you are there for other people & have time for personal interests
- Transparency: Over 2,000 webpages in GitLab handbook, GitLab Unfiltered YouTube channel
- Iteration: Empower people to be effective & have an impact, Merge Request rate, We dogfood our own product, Directly responsible individuals
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: A focus on gender parity,
Team Member Resource Groups, other initiatives
- Collaboration: Kindness, saying thanks, intentionally organize informal communication, no ego
- Total Rewards: Competitive market rates for compensation, Equity compensation, global benefits (inclusive of office equipment)
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible workday, Friends and Family days
- Remote Done Right: One of the world's largest all-remote companies, prolific inventor of remote best practices
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.