The Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics job family is responsible for all Product & Data Analytics solutions driving the growth and maturity of Self Service at GitLab.
Senior Analyst, Online Sales & Self Service Data
The Senior Data Analyst role is responsible for creating and scaling our use of data for GtiLab’s self-service business. This is a dynamic role focusing on product analytics, target setting, performance tracking and ad hoc strategic products.
The Senior Analyst, Online Sales & Self Service Data reports to the Senior Manager, Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics.
The Senior Analyst, Online Sales & Self Service Growth is a grade 7.
- Inspire and empower our self-service team to leverage data to drive action, measure and prove success
- Continuously find ways to improve our signup flow and self-service buying experience
- Ownership in scoping, sizing and delivering multiple requests balancing prioritization, efficiency and quality
- Comfortable working with large data sets via query languages and BI tools for dashboards and reporting
- Quantity business value by self-service product feature to inform prioritization
- Develop strategies and drive team focus based on data insights and findings
- Design and build insightful dashboards for the self-service team and our stakeholders
- Monitor metric & business performance
- Be proactive and identify trends or flag potential issues
- Establish KPIs and targets for measuring the impact of the self-service initiatives
- Ability to use GitLab
- BS/BA degree in business engineering, economics, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Demonstrated progressive of experience in data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable presenting data and providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders, even when there is ambiguity involved
- A knack for identifying and investigating anomalies in data and operations
- Familiarity with product analytics and tools (e.g. Amplitude)
- Familiarity with sales & marketing funnel reporting and industry KPIs, such as website sessions, MQLs, pipeline, and bookings
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Explore, Tableau) and Excel / Google Sheet functions
- Experience with SQL, data warehouses and/or scripting languages (e.g. Python, BigQuery, MySQL)
- Experience analyzing CRM data (e.g. Salesforce) and web tracking (e.g. Google Analytics)
- nARR vs. plan > 1 through development of self-service targets
- nARR efficiency > 1.0 through development of self-service targets
- Increased adoption of self-service solutions (buying & account management) driving increased customer satisfaction and Rep productivity leveraging product data insights and recommendations
Senior Manager, Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics
The Senior Manager, Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics job family is responsible for all Product & Data Analytics solutions driving the growth and maturity of Self Service at GitLab.
The Senior Manager, Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics reports to the VP Online Sales and Self Service.
The Senior Manager, Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics is a grade 9.
- Lead product & data analytics for Self Service to drive revenue growth, sales efficiency, customer experience, and customer retention.
- Develop and execute a product & data analytics solution that will create a full data funnel: product interactions to revenue, establishing and tracking success metrics and aiding in feature prioritization.
- Through data insights provide sales visibility, inform product roadmap, drive marketing campaigns & customer interactions.
- Build and execute an experimentation engine to inform marketing campaigns, product roadmap and customer interactions.
- Partner closely with Data Instrumentation, Data Science, Product Management, Fulfillment to establish data pipelines to provide a comprehensive funnel view.
- Partner closely with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Fulfillment, Sales Strategy and Support teams to provide Self Service data insights to drive focus.
- Establish and maintain key customer KPIs for Self Service GTM success including conversion, retention and growth.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting for online sales by segment, channel, and region.
- Maintain source of truth for product analytics insights.
- Ensure support and product teams have visibility into error data to improve the customer experience.
- Provide application monitoring to understand impacts to usage: availability, uptime, performance.
- Build a team of data analysts, data engineers and data architects to deliver our Self Service product & analytics solution.
- Manage prioritization of iteration of online sales funnel and instrumentation.
- Ability to use GitLab
- A solid track record of Product & Data Analytics delivery and leadership
- Has specialized knowledge of Product & Data Analytics technology tools and implementation
- Strong aptitude in data analytics and advanced statistical modelling
- Has specialized knowledge of the Online Sales, Self Service/e-commerce space, and customers
- Strong experience in software sales, preferably with development tool and/or open-source experience
- Proven success partnering with Marketing, Channel, Alliances, Product, and Engineering peers
- Demonstration of high levels of integrity, initiative, honesty and leadership
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Willingness to learn and use GitLab
- Polished presentation skills
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and ambitious workload
- CAC Ratio (target: Monthly target set by Finance)
- Percent of Ramped Reps at or Above Quota (target: greater than 55%)
- Percent of Ramping Reps at or Above 70% of Quota (target: greater than 70%)
- Churn and Contraction / ATR (target: Quarterly target set by Sales & Finance)
- ARPU (target: 1.5% increase per month)
The next step for the Online Sales & Self Service Product & Data Analytics Job Family is to move to the Director, Online Sales & Self Service Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please
apply to a role
first. Once selected for a screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our
Be sure to use the same email address for both.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.