- You are here:
- Sales Roles
- Vice President of Enterprise Sales
- Determine and drive the global enterprise sales strategy to build and grow GitLab’s presence and to achieve business targets.
- Leverage our current, outstanding sales team while also expanding and growing the team as part of our sales segmentation strategy. Manage a team of regional sales directors globally. Foster a successful and positive team environment.
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required. Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Manage senior level customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities when needed.
- Play a critical role in business planning, working closely with other senior executives to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence our long-term business strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with sales leaders, marketing and product teams to develop go-to-market strategies and execution. Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and quarterly business reviews.
- 15+ years of progressive, global enterprise sales leadership and operations experience within the software / open source / devops industry.
- Experience leveraging, building and managing enterprise sales teams globally; proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent.
- Experience selling to Fortune 500; willing to “roll up the sleeves’ and sell, and help teams close deals when needed.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Experience utilizing CRM systems and marketing automation systems (such as salesforce, market, outreach etc.)
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated and work well on their own or as a member of a team
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Ability to travel globally as needed
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.