Vice President, Field Operations
The Vice President, Field Operations is responsible for bringing a strategic vision and innovative approach in creating, managing and executing strategic programs that will drive key revenue, margin, and growth opportunities globally for GitLab. The Vice President, Field Operations reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
The VP, Field Operations is a grade 12.
- Partner with the Chief Revenue Officer on all non-customer facing issues impacting the success of the sales team.
- Manage the global sales planning process, including regular updates to territory and quotas, headcount and sales compensation plans.
- Partner with the CRO, Finance and HR to design, document, implement and monitor sales compensation plans.
- Collaborate with Sales Leaders and teams to develop and execute sales management disciplines and processes (territory assignment & reviews, weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, pipeline analysis and development, account planning, account assignments, quota/budget allocation).
- Provide pricing and contract support; manage approval process (deal sign off) between Sales and Finance.
- Lead, manage and evaluate the sales tools, processes, policies and programs to ensure continuous productivity and effectiveness.
- Manage Field Enablement programs and processes for both Sellers and Partners.
- Manage and maintain the Sales Handbook
- Create Board level and other presentations for the Chief Revenue Officer
- 10-15 years of experience in a global SAAS sales or sales operations environment.
- Demonstrated passion for information and business intelligence; thorough understanding of sales processes and methodologies.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Salesforce.com.
- Experience growing within a small start-up. Strong ability to interact and influence effectively with all C-level executives and team members.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accountability, while also able to collaborate cross-functionally (finance, marketing, sales enablement, etc) with exceptional intrapersonal skills.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and detail oriented, strong project management skills with a drive for results.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fluid, fast-paced, unpredictable environment.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment; you share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
The next steps for the VP, Field Operations would be to move to the Chief Revenue Officer Job Family.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- First, the candidate will have a 30 min screening call with a GitLab Recruiters
- Next, the candidate will have a 30 min interview with the Hiring Manager
- Next, the candidate will have 3-5 30 min interviews with team members
- Next, the candidate will have a 45 min interview with a peer
- Lastly, the candidate will have a final 45 min interview with the CRO
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 2,200 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, inclusion and belonging,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.