- You are here:
- Prometheus Specialist
- Manage day-to-day maintenance and evolution of GitLab's Prometheus monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Create and/or improve open source Prometheus monitoring tools as required
- Bundle Prometheus as an out-of-the-box monitoring solution for GitLab CE/EE packages
- Contribute to the Prometheus open source project
- Build and maintain a GitLab.com public monitoring gateway
- Help migrate out current performance monitoring solution to Prometheus
- Improve coverage of GitLab performance monitoring
- Measure applications deployed with GitLab (e.g. Mattermost)
- Create automated alerts to notify team members of regressions
- Document answers and improve existing documentation
- Write blog posts relevant to the community
- Experience writing production-level applications in Go
- Experience with managing large amounts of telemetry
- Experience developing time-series databases
- You have contributions in the Prometheus open source project
In addition, see the Production Engineer job description.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it
listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are
advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are
interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS),
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed
requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more
detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is
a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed.
We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs
and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can
contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative
work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom,
efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion,
boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality,
work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our
primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of
life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan
the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head
office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and
can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released
as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and
don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured
we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks
like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.