- You are here:
- Account Manager
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focussed on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
GitLab is an application to code, test, and deploy code together. It provides Git repository management with fine grained access controls, code reviews, issue tracking, activity feeds, wikis, and continuous integration. We're looking for an Account Manager, as part of our Customer Success Team, to develop positive customer relationships and continue to increase the adoption of GitLab within organizations.
- Build and expand relationships and awareness of GitLab within accounts
- Engage our service engineers and success engineers as appropriate.
- Identify and document business goals, technology stack, and how customers are using GitLab
- Increase adoption of GitLab features and products through implementation of an outreach strategy
- Advocate for customer needs for training and services where needed
- Manage the renewal process
- Identify and document growth opportunities within account
- Advocate for the overall health of relationship to GitLab acting proactively to address issues and concerns
- Coordinate mapping customer's process and goals
Requirements for Applicants
- 2+ years of successful account management experience in a sales organization
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Motivated, self-directed and results oriented
- Knowledge of Git and GitLab workflow preferred
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply