We’re looking for a Billing Manager that can oversee the management of the invoicing and collection process in its entirety. Specifically, we’re looking for someone to orchestrate and own the customer billing cycle from quote to cash. This role will collaborate with the sales team and at times with customers. Attention to detail and an aptitude for accuracy are critical to being successful.
We are a rapidly growing company which means you must be comfortable working in fast paced atmosphere where juggling numerous priorities and deadlines is the norm. We are also a fully distributed team which means you must be self-driven and a highly effective communicator.
- Manages the billing function and the billing team. Oversees AR processes to ensure timeliness of collections
- Works with the management team to understand the billing function, collections function, the billing team, the billing culture, and the area of strengths/weaknesses, to develop short-term and long-term plans to support the company’s strategic goals.
- Assess current billing operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes
- Assists revenue cycle staff with any day to day issues
- Assists in the monthly closing process
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit
- Create and distribute periodic billing metrics and reports; prepare special reports, as requested
- Manages the hiring and training for new hires
- Provide sales and billing reports to upper management as needed
- Collaborate with team members to assist with ad-hoc projects and miscellaneous tasks
- 5+ Years of experience in billing and collections
- 3+ Years experience with Zuora and Salesforce from quote to cash collection
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and set priorities for a billing department
- Proven track record for improving processes and problem- solving
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach and motivate
- Solid understanding of billing and financial concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Able to work in stressful situations with firm deadlines
- Ability to use GitLab
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here.