North America, EMEA
As GitLab's Director of Global Sales Development, you will be responsible for growing pipeline through outbound lead generation and inbound lead management. This role will manage SDR managers worldwide, across all sales segments to ensure our sales organization has enough opportunities to meet or exceed their enterprise sales targets. You’ll partner closely with our Senior Director of Revenue Marketing, SDR Managers, as well as our Marketing and Sales teams to align on strategic business initiatives, improve processes, and ultimately drive revenue for GitLab.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program, and you’ll be provided with the necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role, and mentor your team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Ensure sales accepted opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets, and that our sales organization has enough pipeline to work with to be fully productive.
- Ensure we efficiently and effectively qualify inbound demand as well develop outbound strategies per region while leveraging digital and field marketing resources for particular campaigns
- Motivate and develop SDRs in alignment to our leveling concept in order to exceed goals through coaching and incentives and grow their careers. A successful candidate will be equal parts business manager and talent developer.
- Plan, forecast, and understand ramp adjusted capacity to ensure the team is grown effectively, in tandem with the needs of our sales organization and the supply of inbound demand from marketing.
- Manage SDR rosters for tracking ramp adjusted capacity and productivity.
- Manage SDR reports and dashboards to ensure the results they deliver can be easily understood by stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Build a word-class lead generation team. Recruit, train, and develop a global team of SDRs, and SDR managers.
- Effectively manage paths for career advancement within the SDR functions as well as to closing sales roles.
- Partner with regional managers to develop campaigns that align to their regional goals based on a territory plan.
- Iterating the sales development process, methodology, campaigns, hiring profiles, training and enablement with respect to the GitLab core values.
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and people ops to ensure SDR onboarding program and ongoing training is up-to-date on our current product offering.
- Partner with sales and marketing operations to ensure the SDR team has the best tools to do their job, and that they are configured to ensure SDR efficiency and productivity, especially salesforce.com and Outreach.
- Focus on the quality of opportunities without sacrificing quantity. The four core metrics this role should care about are the impact on the sales cycle, close rates, pipeline contribution and average deal size.
You should apply if you have:
- 5+ years experience managing an SDR organization globally, experience managing closing roles a plus as well.
- A proven track record of delivering sales pipeline at a fast growing company with multiple sales segments with an inbound and outbound model.
- Experience in and open source or open core model a big plus.
- Experience managing managing managers in an outbound prospecting organization in a global organization.
- Familiarity and experience with cultural difference in prospecting activities.
- Power user of salesforce.com and SDR cadence management software.
- Ability to drive cross functional alignment and coordination across sales and marketing teams.
- Ability to attract, retain, and motivate exceptional SDRs and SDR managers.
- Have a general understanding of Git, GitLab, and modern development practices.
- A broad knowledge of the application development ecosystem.
- Awareness of industry trends in enterprise digital transformation, DevOps, and continuous integration.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Accurate, nuanced, direct, and kind messaging.
- Being able to work independent and respond quickly.
- A shared interest in our values, and working in accordance with those values.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply! We value diverse experience, so go for it and submit an application if GitLab sounds like a place you’d like to join.
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this position can be found in our handbook. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page. Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.