Remote, Washington DC Metro Area
This is a remote position located anywhere in the DC Metro area.
Solution Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address clients business requirements. Solution Architects are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solution Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition, serving as a trusted advisor to the client, focusing on the technical solution while also understanding the business challenges the customer is trying to overcome.
The Solution Architect for Customer Success Initiatives provides the opportunity to help drive value and change in the world of software development for one of the fastest growing platforms. By applying your solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, you will support and enable successful adoption of the GitLab platform. You will be working directly with our top enterprise customers. You will be working collaboratively with our sales, engineering, product management and marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support through the entire sales cycle. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform within enterprise customers becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
- Primarily engaged in a technical consultancy role, providing technical assistance and guidance specific to enterprise level implementations, during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements in order to design a custom GitLab solution
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of GitLab
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab, and participate in all levels of discussions throughout the organization to ensure our solution is set up for successful deployment
- Work onsite with strategic, enterprise class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the GitLab community
- Author or otherwise contribute to GitLab customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, diagrams or the GitLab Handbook
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be GitLab advocates
- Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams including Product Development, Sales and Marketing
- Present GitLab platform strategy, concepts and roadmap to technical leaders within customer organizations
- Participating in conferences and trade shows and interacting with government customers in attendance
- Contribute to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for government customers and/or partner
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during pre-sales, implementation, and post-sales activities
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle: creating high quality professional presentations, custom demos, proof of concepts, deliver technical deep dive sessions & workshops, differentiate GitLab from competition, answering RFI, RFPs, etc.
- TS/SCI Security Clearance desired
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Ideal candidates will preferably have 7 plus years IT industry or IT technical sales related to experience with a proven track record of solution sales expertise
- Significant experience with executive presence and a proven ability to lead and facilitate executive meetings and workshops
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle and development pipeline (planning to monitoring)
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, chatOps and cloud native
- Experience with waterfall, Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and able to discuss workflows for different software development processes
- Experience with modern development practices strongly preferred:
- Package Management
- DevOps Pipelines (CI/CD)
- Application Security (SAST, DAST)
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Application Performance Monitoring
- System Logging
- Experience with several of the following tools strongly preferred:
- Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP, Python
- Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, SVN
- Jira, VersionOne, TFS
- Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI
- Veracode, Fortify
- Artifactory, Nexus
- New Relic, Nagios
- Understand mono-repo and distributed-repo approaches
- Understand BASH / Shell scripting
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Successful completion of a background check
- Knowledge and at least 4 years of experience with Federal customers
- Understand mono-repo and distributed-repo approaches
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.