This position is remote based.
We're looking for a Group Manager, Product that can help us work on the future of security tools. Specifically, building out our lovable support for the complete DevOps lifecycle in our Secure stage
which includes static analysis, dynamic analysis, and software composition analysis.
We believe our users deserve an intuitive, single application that covers the entire DevOps lifecycle. We believe running tests is just the beginning of automation. We believe deploying and monitoring your code should be automated and repeatable, and most of all, easy. We believe in pushing the boundaries of best-practices, and bringing these to every user, so that doing the right thing is also the easy, default way of working.
We know there are a million things we can and want to improve about GitLab's support for security best practices and security tools. It'll be your job to work out what we are going to do and how.
We work in quite a unique way at GitLab, where lots of flexibility and independence is mixed with a high paced, pragmatic way of working. And everything we do is in the open.
As the Group Manager, Product, you will be responsible for managing and building a team that focuses on a subset of GitLab's product categories
. This role typically manages 2-6 Product Managers, and reports to the Director of Product - Secure & Defend.
- Make sure you have a great product team (recruit and hire, sense of progress, promote proactively, identify underperformance)
- Work on the vision with the Director of Product, VP of Product Strategy, VP of Product, and CEO; and communicate this vision internally and externally
- Distill the overall vision into a compelling roadmap
- Make sure the vision advances in every release and communicate this
- Communicate our vision though demos, conference speaking, blogging, and interviews
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales, Engineering, etc.
- Ensure that the next milestone contains the most relevant items to customers, users, and us
- Work with customers, users, and other teams to make feature proposals enticing, actionable, and small
- Make sure the DevOps tools are up to date
- Keep /direction up to date as our high level roadmap
- Regularly join customer and partner visits that can lead to new features
- Ensure that we translate user demands to features that make them happy but keep the product UI clean and the codebase maintainable
- Make sure the release announcements are attractive and cover everything
- Be present on social media (hacker news, twitter, stack overflow, mailing list), especially around releases
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here