This position is remote.
- Develop and manage GitLabs procurement program by implementing low-bureaucracy, efficient new policies, procedures and systems for best purchasing practices
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate and finalize terms and conditions on contracts
- Manage contracts renewals, month over month usage, and vendor due diligence
- Manage the execution of request for proposals, bid analysis, contract development, and negotiation, ensuring that the end to end process is well documented and transparent.
- Evaluate and process purchase requisitions efficiently to reduce downstream holds and positively impact payment cycles
- Drive process improvement and continuous improvement in all aspects of assigned job duties
- Work closely with Accounts Payable and internal business partners to promptly resolve supplier payment issues
- Facilitate supplier selection and develop data analysis and requirements for informed supplier decisions
- Serve as subject matter expert for best-in-class procurement practices and tools, and experienced in working with numerous cross-functional disciplines
- Work with operations teams to identify and execute new or creative approaches, strategies and processes to address a business need
- Develop policies and procedures and lead negotiations with key business partners
- At least 3-5 years of experience in procurement at a technology company
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or other related field; MBA preferred
- Experience in contract analysis, negotiation, financial modelling and RFP/ RFI/RFQ creation and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience negotiating in support of the following functions Marketing, Sales, IT, and Professional Services
- Experience with acquisition integration in a Sourcing Role is a plus
- Candidate should be able to effectively build relationships as well as influence and drive change in a cross-functional team environment
- Top-notch communication, analytical and organization skills, including experience manipulating data to derive insights for senior management or executives
- Self-starter with ability to own projects from initial inquiry to completion
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a member of our Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our VP of Legal
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Controller
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Business Operations
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Chief Financial Officer
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.