Remote, Washington, DC area
This position is remote based, located in the Washington DC metro area.
- Strategic Account Leader will report to an Area Sales Manager or Regional Director.
- Act as a primary point of contact and the face of GitLab for our strategic and large prospects.
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team.
- Take ownership of your book of business
- document the buying criteria
- document the buying process
- document next steps and owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and not hope
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of Gitlab products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities.
- Generate qualified leads and develop new customers in conjunction with our strategic channel partners in exceeding quota.
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as requested
- Update and maintain Sales’ database as appropriate
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with prospects.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience selling into US Dept of Transportation and/or US Dept of State with a comprehensive understanding of the local Public Sector landscape and associated business processes.
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- 5+ years successful quota attainment in the Public Sector Space
- Very motivated and goal-oriented
- Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- 30 minute screening
- 45 minute interview with Director of Public Sector Sales
- 45 minute interview with Federal Inside Sales Manager
- 45 minute interview with Federal Strategic Account Leader
- 45 minute interview with Federal Solutions Architect
- 45 minute interview with Chief Revenue Officer
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.