This position is remote, based in the East timezone of America.
GitLab is looking for an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Development Representative (SDR), to join our growing Revenue Marketing team. As a SDR at GitLab, you get the opportunity to lead the initial outreach to targeted Enterprise accounts working in conjunction with the Field and Digital Marketing teams. In this role you will leverage creative marketing and sales tactics to prospect and engage with multiple buyer personas and roles to introduce GitLab’s value. You will be responsible for generating qualified meetings and pipeline for the GitLab’s Sales organization.
We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Effectively manage inbound lead flow as well as executing outbound prospecting initiatives
- Conduct high-level discovery conversations in target accounts
- Meet or exceed SDR sourced Sales Accepted Opportunity (SAO) volume targets
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Work to have a variety of touches (call, email, social, etc.) on all leads in your assigned territory using Outreach.io
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Participate in documenting all processes in the GitLab handbook and update as needed with your Sales Development Manager
- Work in collaboration with Field and Corporate Marketing to drive attendance at regional marketing events
- Attend field marketing events to engage with participants identify opportunities, and to schedule meetings
- Act as a mentor for new SDR hires in helping them navigate their key accounts
- Work in collaboration with Digital Marketing to develop targeted marketing tactics against your assigned target accounts
- We’re a diverse team and we’re looking for you to bring your own unique flavor to the SDR role!
- Excited by the prospect of working cross-functionally with sales and different marketing departments. You'll have exposure to different departments like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Recruiting, Enablement, Engineering, etc. which will help you determine your career path at GitLab.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Knowledge of business process, roles, and organizational structure
- Determined personality with a desire to grow and win
- Passionate about being a part of GitLab’s journey
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn
- 2+ years work experience in a professional environment
- Previous tech industry experience or experience in sales development, marketing and/or sales is a plus
- Outbound prospecting experience is a plus
- Globally we require excellent written and spoken English which is our company language
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in more than 63 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe. Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. We’ll also help you set up your home office environment, cover your home internet subscription, pay for your membership to a co-working space, and contribute to the travel costs associated with meeting other GitLab employees across the world. Also, every year or so, we all get together at our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this position, and more details around compensation for this role can be found in our handbook.