Remote, North America
GitLab is on a search for a new Senior People Business Partner (PBP), responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management within the Engineering organisation.
The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful candidate will act as an employee champion and change agent. The position formulates partnerships across the People Ops function to deliver value-added service to management and team members that reflects the business objectives of the Engineering organization. The position will include international human resource responsibilities.
In this role you will maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture, and its competition. This role is intended to be solution-focused, and partner with and advise the business, without being “the HR police.”
- Provides support and feedback to client groups, and consults with managers at all levels in areas of performance management, management training and coaching, organizational development, and employee relations. Typically supports 1 or more VPs across a function; may support a more senior executive based on organizational structure.
- Identifies great talent, internally and externally, who will raise the bar across GitLab. Mentors others both in the client group and in the People team.
- Quickly identifies business needs; develops and presents solutions to senior leaders to help drive results in the organization.
- Demonstrates ownership to develop and drive People programs and processes from start to finish that align with GitLab goals and values. Deliver meaningful results to the client group/s concise and timely.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements. Escalates and engages Director PBP, CPO or legal as needed.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People team to develop solutions, programs and policies. Raises concerns/trends to the PBP team, CPO and legal as needed.
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning to support the business strategy.
- At least 5 years of relevant People Business Partner experience supporting front line, mid-level and executive leaders within Engineering.
- Analytically driven, experience in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Expert-level experience in a variety of HR competency areas such as organizational design and development, leadership development, change management, performance management, and employee relations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with fluid information.
- Comfortable using technology, including G-suite and Gitlab.
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills; ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Obsessed with results that matter; able to create and deliver full-cycle projects (start to finish) and results in a timely manner.
- Team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems; resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem-solving.
- Very strong EQ, with fine-tuned instincts and problem-solving skills. Demonstrates sound, consistent, trusted judgment.
- Experience working with Global Talent (Americas, EMEA, APAC); remote experience preferred.
- Comfortable with high volume and very fast paced workload; not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to complete more tactical work. Able to switch between strategic and tactical work daily.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; Master's degree and/or HR Certification strongly preferred.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.