This position is remote based.
The Field Security team is the public representation of GitLab's internal Security Team and function. They are responsible for evangelizing GitLab's Security practices both internally and externally, as well as providing expert guidance to internal and external customers about the best practices to secure GitLab assets. As a member of the Field Security Team at GitLab, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams and global customers to provide guidance on security best practices.
The Security Team
is responsible for leading and implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving GitLab's security. As a member of the security team at GitLab, you will be working towards raising the bar on security. We will achieve that by working and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide guidance on security best practices.
- Work closely with Sales, Support and other Customer facing teams to provide subject matter expertise about GitLab's Security program and products, including conversations and responses to enquiries about how GitLab secures its products.
- Work closely with internal engineering, support and solutions architecture teams to improve their capacity to respond to security questions and incidents, as well as guide these teams to adopt improved security practices and capabilities.
- Collect and provide feedback to internal Security teams about customer needs and customer results.
- Escalate discovered Security issues to the appropriate internal team and follow through to completion.
- Assist Compliance teams with Security expertise, both for internal certification requirements and for customer questionnaires and contracts.
- Monitor community forums and internal Slack channels for Security related issues, and manage responses and solutions for questions asked.
- Provide presentations to GitLab teams and customers on GitLab Security.
- Leverages security expertise in at least one specialty area
- Triages and handles/escalates security issues independently
- You have a passion for security and open source
- You are a team player, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- You are a great communicator
- Conduct reviews and makes recommendations
- Screen security candidates during hiring process
- You employ a flexible and constructive approach when solving problems
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.