This position is remote based.
at GitLab work on securing our product and on internal security. On the product side, this includes the open source version of GitLab, the enterprise editions, and the GitLab.com
service. Security Engineers work with peers on cross-functional teams dedicated to areas of the product. They also work together with product managers, developers, and the infrastructure teams to solve common goals.
Security research specialists conduct internal testing against GitLab assets, and against FOSS that is critical to GitLab products and operations. Initiatives for this specialty also include:
- Conduct vulnerability research against all GitLab and GitLab.com
- Research FOSS tools that are integrated with GitLab
- Develop proof-of-concept code to be included in security findings
- Report findings to tool developers and track mitigation process
- Follow responsible disclosure policies for community disclosure
- Author blog posts on vulnerabilities discovered