This position is remote based, anywhere in Australia.
- Strategic Account Leader (Australia) will report to the Enterprise Sales Director - APAC
- Act as a primary point of contact and the face of GitLab for our prospects
- Contribute to post-mortem analysis on wins/losses
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team.
- Take ownership of your book of business
- document the buying criteria
- document the buying process
- document next steps and owners
- ensure pipeline accuracy based on evidence and not hope
- Contribute to documenting improvements in our sales handbook.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker.
- Must be located in Australia
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- 5+ years of experience with B2B sales
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills
- Motivated, driven and results oriented
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a first interview with our Enterprise Sales Director - APAC
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a second interview with our VP, Enterprise Sales
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with a peer Enterprise Sales Director in another region
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a fourth interview with our CRO
- Finally, candidates may have an interview with our CEO
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
You will typically get 50% as base and 50% based on commission. See our market segmentation for typical quotas in the U.S. Also see the Sales Compensation Plan.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
Remote - Australia West