This position is remote based, anywhere in APAC.
Like other Managers, Support Managers at GitLab see the team as their product. While they know how to communicate with customers their time is spent hiring a world-class team and putting them in the best position to succeed. They own the customer support experience and are always looking to improve productivity. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals.
- 2+ years experience leading Support Engineering teams
- Experience leading remote, distributed teams across geographies with a keen focus on employee development and the achievement of desired results
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience creating and implementing new processes and procedures
- Extensive experience building and scaling teams
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing technical customer support
- Extensive experience in leading teams to take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Ability to perform complex Linux System Administration tasks
- Web application development experience using an MVC framework (e.g. Ruby on Rails, Python, Django, PHP, Laravel)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
Learn more about Leadership at GitLab
The compensation for this role can be found here.