This position is remote based.
As a Support Operations Manager, you are responsible for being a technical expert in Zendesk system administration along with data and business process analysis. Additionally, you will need to be proficient across multiple other cloud-based application services. We are building world-class and industry-leading best practices to ensure our Support Engineers and Support Agents deliver unparalleled customer experiences. We are seeking a highly motivated Support Operations Manager who is organized, cool under pressure, a leader, and an innovative problem solver; someone with fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, well-rounded experience working in customer support or other operational roles, and is motivated by team as well as personal success. Your work mantra is to solve the problem, not the symptom.
- Hire, develop, and manage a team of specialists to complete projects focused on excellence in the operations of a global Support Engineering organization.
- Develop processes and execution strategy toward a Support Operations Roadmap to support the growth and scalability objectives of GitLab Support and contribute to a rolling 6-month plan in order to drive towards department and company wide initiatives.
- Own and drive projects to completion in agreement with relevant stakeholders in a cross-departmental function.
- Contribute to the administering all software systems used by GitLab’s Technical Support team (e.g. Zendesk Suite, GitLab, Slack, SFDC, Google groups, Insights/Explore, and GitLab internal systems) including user administration in accordance with written and audited security controls and configuration changes when needed.
- Develop processes to prioritize and implement configuration changes and feature deployments toward a common vision.
- Partner with coworkers, managers, and executives, as well as external partners to gather system requirements, understand business needs, and identify resources as necessary to ensure customer and employee success.
- Work with GitLab Support leadership, define workflows, practices, and standards to ensure that Support Engineers and Support Agents can deliver fast, reliable, and accurate customer support globally.
- Work with management to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the systems and tools administered by the team; capture and report those KPIs regularly to confirm system health. Improve process and education around analysis and resolution of escalated customer and/or technical issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Drive towards becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in product or process areas as needed.
- Candidate must be eligible for US federal instance permissions.
- 3+ Years Customer Support or Operations experience required, preferably in a global organization.
- Zendesk Administrator or equivalent enterprise application system administration experience preferred with the ability to gain Zendesk Administrator Certification within 6 months of start date required.
- 3+ years experience managing and leading a team of people, including goal-setting and leading personal development.
- Experience implementing business processes, sufficient for regulatory and security compliance and working with auditors.
- Ability to use GitLab
- You share our values and work in accordance with those values.
- Demonstrated understanding of technical software support processes and concepts
- Experience in CRM or a related industry
- Familiarity with change management processes and risk control compliance
- Experience working on the Zendesk platform as an admin or developer
- Experience with enterprise integration tools
- Demonstrated leadership, analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly.
- Ability to collect, synthesize, and research complex issues and diverse information.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Support Operations support the global Support team to achieve the following performance indicators by ensuring we have the most efficient workflows through our applications;
Learn more about Leadership at GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates receive a short assessment from our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 30 minute behavioral interview with a Support Engineering Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 60 minute interview with the Director of Support
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The compensation for this role can be found here.