- You are here:
- Channel Sales Manager
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
The Channel Sales Manager (Latin America or APAC timezones) is responsible for sales enablement of their assigned channel, and managing their channel to achieve stated sales targets.
- Act as a liaison between the GitLab and assigned channel partners.
- Build, maintain, and manage relationships with current and prospective channel partners.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinate the involvement of GitLab personnel,including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Sell through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Manage direct/channel conflict by fostering excellent communication between the channel and direct teams
- Participate in a planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partner needs on an ongoing basis.
Requirements for Applicants
- Previous experience of driving channel sales ideally within the same product category and channel.
- Experience selling in the Software Development Tools and/or Application Lifecycle Management space
- Experience selling Open Source Solutions
- 5+ years of experience with B2B sales
- Interest in GitLab, and open source software
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners and GitLab teams.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and results driven.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply