- You are here:
- Content Editor
- Contribute to the design and planning of content marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Develop a consistent GitLab voice guide for other team members to refer to.
- Sub-edit the contributions of other marketing team members to create a consistent GitLab brand and voice.
- Maintain a high standard of well written and factually accurate content.
- Develop a deep understanding of GitLab's current and upcoming products and features.
- Assist the team to create content assets for content marketing campaigns. Including, but not limited to:
- Blog posts
- Social updates
- Surveys and Reports
- Degree in English, journalism or media.
- 3-5 years experience as a writer and editor in enterprise marketing.
- A dual-minded approach: Highly creative and an excellent writer/editor but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external contributors.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, able to meet deadlines.
- Deep understanding of the software development process including git, CI and CD
- Obsessive about content quality not quantity.
- Regular reporting on how content and channel performance to help optimize our content marketing efforts.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- BONUS: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.