- You are here:
- Corporate Events Manager
Do you love producing amazing customer experiences? Do you thrive on bringing strong brand experience and learning opportunities to life? GitLab is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented marketer with a strong events and engagement marketing background to join our Corporate Marketing team. This individual will lead GitLab’s corporate events direction and vision, aligning to the company’s goals and developing, designing, delivering on a multi-event strategic plan. The ideal candidate will also be a creative thinker that drives new ideas and innovation into the events program, inspiring the broader team and delivering exceptional event experiences for customers, partners, employees, and other key stakeholders.
- Lead the strategic planning and creative development of event initiatives, proactively managing all event needs, including event identification and selection; and including all aspects from branding and content creation to venue selection and event execution.
- Strategically connect business priorities, objectives and key messages to content and event experience delivery.
- Define event goals and gather and track ROI, engagement analytics and feedback to consistently assesses and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Develop pre-event, at-event and post-event marketing plans in conjunction with product marketing, content, demand generation and sales teams.
- Develop and manage external partners and vendors for multiple events, including negotiating optimal terms.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to create event agendas and content that meets engagement objectives.
- Drive project management of events, plan and reconcile budgets and execute flawless event plans.
- Develop and manage planning tools; i.e. budget tracking, project timeline, production schedules, event specs, meeting agendas and notes, etc.
- Lead creation of event communications and promotion for event programs, in partnership with demand generation and sales development teams, to drive attendance.
- Be a team player responsible to build out and manage processes that will ensure the success of our events across functional groups and with production partners.
- Develop and deliver event enablement to include pre-event briefings, at-event briefings, and also drive post event follow-up briefings and event retrospectives.
- Solicit, oversee preparation, and manage keynotes and sessions for all relevant corporate conferences and industry trade shows.
- 5+ years corporate events planning and management experience in the high-tech industry.
- Strategic marketing experience that goes beyond event operations/production, and includes strong understanding of marketing communications, campaigns, event messaging, product and corporate content, and customer experience.
- Independent worker capable of managing multiple deadlines with little supervision.
- Ability to work smart under pressure and efficiently on multiple project requests simultaneously, and to deal with potential for tight deadlines and unexpected complexities.
- Strong communicator and collaborator; able to work with a variety of teams and personalities, possessing excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven skills interacting with executive/senior management teams.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Very detail oriented.
- Flexible work schedule and the ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45 minute interview with our Field Marketing Manager
- A 45 minute interview with our Senior Director of Marketing and Sales Development
- A 45 minute interview with our Regional Sales Director - US East Coast
- A 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.