- You are here:
- Database Lead
The Database Lead manages the team of Database Specialists and reports to the Director of Infrastructure. The Database Team is responsible for ensuring high levels of data availability and integrity while keeping the database (and the application's use of the database) efficient, fast, and scalable.
- Drive initiatives around "leveling up" GitLab.com's database availability, reliability, and scalability.
- Set policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving.
- Manage a team of Database Specialists, including coaching and performance management and reviews.
- Plan and execute on the team's growth.
- Set and track team goals from the weekly, quarterly, to annual timescale.
- Introduce best practices and training for Developers on topics related to Database querying and functionality.
- This role does include on-call rotations to respond to GitLab.com availability incidents. More information on how our on-call works can be found in our handbook.
- Experience in evaluating and implementing various disaster recovery mechanisms
- At least intermediate abilities in Ruby (preferred), Python, or other dynamic languages.
- Experience using frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, Django, Hibernate.
- Solid understanding of the internals of PostgreSQL.
- Experience scaling PostgreSQL in a large production environment.
- Experience with Databases in a cloud environment.
- Management experience (3+ years).
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.