- You are here:
- Developer Advocate
As a GitLab Developer Advocate, your goal is to talk with developers to better understand our community and see how we can help make their GitLab experience better. You’ll be traveling to events, creating high-quality code complete tutorials to help our community collaborate more effectively, work to gather product feedback from the field, and doing everything in your power to keep GitLab in the minds of the developer community. We think this is a great overview of developer relations.
- Create developer tutorials and content tools to help our community go from idea to launch.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify and create events that are relevant for the GitLab community.
- You don’t mind hanging out at a university hackathon for the weekend.
- Speak to developers all around the world (in person or virtual) who are interested in using GitLab.
- Recognize trends in feedback from the community and relay that information back to our engineering and PM team.
- Put together technical presentations that keep attendees engaged and interested.
- Get on calls with our sales team and our customers to help solve a complex problem.
Requirements for Applicants
- Background in C.S. and understanding of Git required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Ruby on Rails is preferred.
- You are outgoing and love crowds. You don’t mind being the center of attention but are also a really good listener.
- Is your college degree in french foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been hacking together websites since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Must love travel and hotels/Airbnbs.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.