- You are here:
- Senior Backend Developer, CI/CD Pipelines
CI Backend Developers are primarily tasked with improving the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) functionality in GitLab. See the description on the CI/CD team for more details. Senior CI/CD Backend Developers report to the CI/CD Lead.
We are currently looking for senior engineers who are proficient in the Go programming language.
- Develop CI/CD features from proposal to polished end result.
- Support and collaborate with our support engineers in getting to the bottom of user-reported issues and come up with robust solutions.
- Engage with the core team and the open source community to collaborate on improving GitLab.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the community and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute code to GitLab.
- Qualify developers for hiring.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level
- You are passionate about open source
- You have worked on a production-level application using Go or Ruby/Rails,
- Strong understanding of operating systems and concurrent programming
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx, and Linux system administration a plus
- Experience with online community development a plus
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- A technical interview is part of the hiring process for this position.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30min screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our CI/CD Lead
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the Head of Product
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates will interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
NOTE In the compensation calculator below, fill in "Senior" in the
Level field for this role.