- You are here:
- Director of Product Marketing
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for managing and building the team that focuses on GitLab's product, partner, and content marketing.
- Positioning: Create positioning for GitLab's products and services. Write copy for the website and ensure it remains up to date.
- Launches: Develop and own quarterly cross-team marketing campaigns and GTM process to ensure successful, integrated “launches” for new and existing product features and company solutions.
- Channel optimization: Maximizes the strengths of each channel or communication experience (e.g. website, blog, social, emails, press, events etc.) by clarifying how each will be used and how they build on each other.
- Sales Enablement: Drive sales and marketing alignment. Create sales enablement materials like white-papers and case studies.
- PR: Shape and execute GitLab's PR strategy in collaboration with PR agency.
- Cross-team collaboration: Work closely with the CRO, Director of Demand Gen, and Director of Strategic Partnerships to develop shared quarterly goals and make sure their needs are met.
- Team management: Find rockstars and maintain a happy and effective team through setting goals, rewarding success, and opening gateways for career growth.
- Reporting: Work with team to set clear goals, timing, and KPIs. Then ensure that those are communicated visible across the company and progress is reported regularly.
- Technical background or clear understanding of developer products.
- 8-10 years of experience in developer product marketing.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply