- You are here:
- Edge Lead
The Edge Team Lead is responsible for leading the various initiatives that relate to improving GitLab through community contributions and other external projects.
The Edge Lead reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Prioritizes and leads the effort to triage and fix community-reported issues
- Prioritizes and leads the review of community-contributed merge requests
- Continues to spend part of the time coding
- Identifies ways that GitLab can contribute to related open source projects (e.g. git command-line)
- Proposes/leads architecture improvements to GitLab
- Leads Backstage improvements
- Ensures that the technical decisions and process set by the VP of Engineering and CTO are followed
- Ensures that there is a written onboarding and process that is effective and followed
- Performs regular 1:1's with all reports
- Is available for 1:1's on demand of the report
- Uses the contributor analytics to ensure that anyone who is stuck is helped
- Delivers input on promotions, function changes, demotions and firings in consultation with the CEO, CTO, and VP of Engineering
- Defines best practices and coding standards for backend group
NOTE In the compensation calculator below, fill in "Lead" in the
Level field for this role.