- You are here:
- Frontend Engineer
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focussed on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
- Fix prioritized issues from the issue tracker.
- Write the code to complete scheduled direction issues chosen by our scheduling committee, assigned to you by the frontend lead.
- Continually improve the quality of GitLab by using discretion of where you think changes are needed.
- Create high quality frontend code.
- Frontend Design Specialist: Implement the interfaces in GitLab proposed by UX Engineers and contributors.
- Frontend Design Specialist: Improve the static website of GitLab based on the collaborations with the the Designer and CMO.
- You work on issues tagged with 'Frontend' on CE and EE.
- The priority of the issues tagged with this label can be found in the handbook under GitLab Workflow.
- When done with a frontend issue remove the 'Frontend' label and add the next workflow label which is probably the 'Developer' label.
Requirements for Applicants
- Know how to use CSS effectively
- Basic knowledge of Vue.js is a plus but not a requirement
- Collaborate effectively with UX Designers, Developers, and Designers
- Be able to work with the rest of the community
- Needs to have extensive knowledge of Rails
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply