- You are here:
- Junior Designer
GitLab is looking for a motivated and creative designer to join our marketing team. As a junior designer for GitLab you will be responsible for assisting our lead designer in establishing and maintaining a cohesive visual language for the GitLab brand across all channels. Projects will range from the GitLab website, diagrams and infographics, to swag, digital ads, and print collateral. Our ideal candidate has a strong design skill-set, takes direction openly and positively, and is very detail oriented.
- Assist in the redesign of the GitLab website.
- Build and maintain slide decks for various events and presentations.
- Conceptualize and design landing pages for various campaigns and GitLab features.
- Create, update, and maintain diagrams and infographics on the GitLab website and Documentation pages.
- Assist in the conceptualization and design of event and swag items — such as t-shirts, stickers, banners, and conference booths.
- Create web advertisements for webcasts, landing pages, partnerships, and feature releases.
- Degree in graphic design or related field.
- 2-3 years experience in marketing, web and print design, and branding is preferred.
- Web design best practices (knowing the limitations and possibilities while keeping the user in mind).
- Experience creating custom icons for the web.
- Strong conceptual and user-experience focused mindset.
- Able to iterate quickly from concept and mockups to pixel-perfect design.
- Print design best practices (CMYK and Pantone colors, prepping files for print).
- Comfortable working very collaboratively on projects, as well as independently.
- Illustration experience is a plus.
- Experience with HTML / CSS is also a plus.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.