- You are here:
- Lead Security Automation Engineer
As a key member of our application security team, your core responsibility is to work with functional groups across GitLab to assess the security architecture of new products and capabilities. Examples include executing and maintaining a security review program, and working with development teams to define and evangelize security best practices.
Our thesis is that Good Security Is Holistic. We think that simulating a security culture in engineering is one of the most important things. We don't do checklist security, the goal is to keep the trust of our users by being secure, compliance is not a goal in itself. We don't think that third party products are unimportant but they are not a silver bullet to making everything secure.
The Security Team is responsible for leading and implementing the various initiatives that relate to improving GitLab's security.
- Build security tooling and automation for internal use that enable the security team to operate at high speed and wide scale
- Develop security training and outreach to internal development teams
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security
- Assess security tools and integrate tools as needed
- Assist with recruiting activities and administrative work
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators to determine the effectiveness of security programs
- Define, implement, and monitor security measures to protect GitLab.com and company assets
- Previous experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents
- Scripting/coding experience with one or more languages
- Extensive knowledge of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Experience with Cloud Computing Platforms - GCP experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Familiarity with cloud security controls and best practices
- Passion for open source
- Linux experience (e.g. Ubuntu)
- Network security experience (Routing, firewalls, VPNs, common services and protocols)
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a Recruiter
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute technical interview with the Security Lead
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Security
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a one hour interview with our VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may have a 50 minute interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email