- You are here:
- People Business Partner and L&D Expert
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
The People Business Parter (PBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. In many companies, the role is referred to as HRBP. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The position formulates partnerships across the People Ops function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position will include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
In addition, this position will work with the People Ops Team and Management to deliver great training and development opportunities to the work force, keeping the learning and develop initiatives simple and effective. Through their partnership with the business, they will identify the most impactful and needed trainings and find way to ensure the those learnings are accessible to the organization.
- Forms effective relationships with the client groups and consults with line management, providing People guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Ops group to develop solutions, programs, and opportunities for learning
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Partners with colleagues outside the US to ensure a vibrant and effective workplace.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well with changing information
- Comfortable using technology.
- Effective and concise verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with cross functional team members
- A team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving
- Have implemented various learning and development programs that are aligned to the business needs
- 4-7+ years experience as an HRBP, with 2 years of experience with Learning and Development programs
- Experience working with Global Talent in areas like Europe, India, and China
- Very strong EQ, with fine tuned instincts and problem solving skills.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. Apply