- You are here:
- People Operations Administrator
This role reports to the Chief Culture Officer and works daily to support the recruiting team.
- Responsible for the day to day administration of tasks leading up to and resulting from employment decisions and providing support to Global Recruiters
- Create and maintain position and applicant information in the applicant tracking system (ATS), experience using Lever is a plus
- Assist new and prospective team members with pre and post employment inquiries
- Maintain and update all job postings on our jobs page and external service providers sites
- Coordinate interview schedules for the recruiting team and managers
- Create and stage offer letters and employment contracts for signature
- Onboard new hires and guide them through the onboarding process
- Order equipment and supplies for team members
- Assist recruiters and managers with writing accurate and effective job descriptions
- Suggest and implement improvements to People Operations policies, processes and procedures
- Provide assistance to the People Operations team with miscellaneous support tasks
- Minimum of one year experience providing administrative support for a Human Resources or People Operations team, preferably in a startup software or technology company
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize workload under the pressure of deadlines and in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and creative, always looking to optimize processes and workflow
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills with an ability to adapt to new and complex systems
- Prior experience using an applicant tracking system, Lever experience is a plus
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- Organized, efficient, and proactive with a keen sense of urgency
- Ability to recognize and appropriately handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work in alignment with Mountain and Pacific Standard Time
- Experience working remotely is a plus
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Lever.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
- Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
- Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
- Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
- Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
- Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
- Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
- Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
- As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
- Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
- Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.